Clogging classes are suspended due to COVID facility closures. We hope to teach again soon.
Basic Class Info
In Beginner Clogging, we teach the 8 fundamental clogging steps from which all the other steps are formed. By the end of class, students will have learned 1-2 routines performed by the club. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
In Intermediate clogging, we learn more challenging clogging steps as well as improve speed and precision. Students will learn 3-4 dances and build their clogging step “vocabulary.” Prerequisite: This class assumes the dancer already knows the fundamentals of clogging. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
For both classes:
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Students are NOT required to buy clogging shoes for either class.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers are recommended, especially for intermediate clogging.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.
We teach @ 2 Locations
- Front Porch Classes are held on Tuesday nights
- Beginning Clogging: 6:00-6:55 pm
- Intermediate Clogging: 7:00-7:55 pm
Classes are held at the Front Porch, 221 Water Street East, Charlottesville. ** Clogging shoes are NOT allowed on the floor at the Front Porch. Please wear Dance Socks or smooth-soled shoes to facilitate learning.
From 64 East: take VA-20 exit, EXIT 121 towards Charlottesville/Scottsville. Turn right on Monticello Ave/VA-20, continue to follow Monticello Ave for approximately 1.24 miles. Take a right onto 2nd St. SE then a right onto Water St. E, our blue building will be on the left.
From 64 West: Take the VA-631/5th St. exit, Exit 120 towards Charlottesville. Turn left onto 5th St. and continue to follow for approximately 2.13 miles. Turn right onto Water St. E, our building will be on the left.
Hourly parking available in the Water St. Parking Garage.
- Classes are held on Wednesday nights.
- Beginning Clogging: 6:45-7:30 pm
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.
Classes are held at the Greenwood Community Center, 865 Greenwood Road, Crozet, VA 22932. Clogging shoes are allowed at Greenwood Community Center.
From Charlottesville: Take 64 West to Crozet, Exit 107 250 West, take a right onto Rt. 690, take a right Rt. 691 – Jarmans Gap Road. The center is on the right.