Beginner clogging starts March 22
Sign up through Albemarle Country Parks & Recreation.
Beginning Clogging 1, March 22 – May 10 2023 (8 weeks)
In Beginner Clogging, we teach the 8 fundamental clogging steps from which all the other steps are formed. No previous clogging experience necessary. Students will learn a routine performed by the club. Classes are held Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Greenwood Community.
- All clogging classes are held on Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Greenwood Community Center, 865 Greenwood Road, Crozet, VA 22932.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.
- There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Clogging shoes are allowed at Greenwood Community Center, but students are NOT required to buy clogging shoes for either class.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers are recommended, especially for intermediate clogging.
- Directions: Classes are held at the Greenwood Community Center, 865 Greenwood Road, Crozet, VA 22932. From Charlottesville: Take 64 West to Crozet, Exit 107 250 West, take a right onto Rt. 690, take a right Rt. 691 – Jarmans Gap Road. The center is on the right.