In Beginner Clogging, we teach the 8 fundamental clogging steps from which all the other steps are formed. By the end of class, students will have learned at least 1-2 routines performed by the club. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
In Intermediate clogging, we will learn more challenging clogging steps as well as improve speed and precision. Students will learn 3-4 dances and build their clogging step “vocabulary.” Prerequisite: This class assumes the dancer already knows the fundamentals of clogging. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
For both classes:
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers also work well.
- Students do NOT need clogging shoes for Beginner Clogging. In Intermediate Clogging, dancers are encouraged to wear clogging shoes. NOTE: The Front Porch does not allow clogging shoes on their floor.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.
Beginner Clogging @ Albemarle County Parks & Recreation
Next ACPR Class January 16 – March 6, 2019
- Albemarle County clogging classes are held from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday nights. The team practices immediately after class and you are welcome to stay for practice.
- Please do not bring money to class. Register through Albemarle County Parks & Recreation online, by mail or in person.
- ACPR Classes are held at Greenwood Community Center 865 Greenwood Road, Crozet, VA 22932
- If Albemarle County schools close early or are closed all day due to inclement weather, clogging is cancelled.
- If Albemarle County schools open on time or late, clogging class and practice are on.
- To find the latest closing information, check the Albemarle County School Closings website, listen to almost any local TV or radio station, or call the School Division hotline: (434) 296-5886.
Clogging @ The Front Porch: Fall 2018
- Register through The Front Porch. You may bring money to class if you pre-register online.
- Classes are held at The Front Porch, 221 Water Street SE, Charlottesville, VA
Other ways to learn to clog:
KerriClogs – Clogging Steps – Beginning
KerriCloggs – Clogging Steps – Easy Intermediate
KerriClogs – Clogging Steps – Intermediate
Russ and Lelia Hunsaker Videos
Clogging 101 (free online lessons)
Martha Hemingway of Happy Feet Cloggers – Learn to Clog Videos