The Front Porch: Intermediate Clogging starts 9/11 (12 weeks)
- Front Porch intermediate clogging classes are held from 7:00 p.m. to 7:55 p.m. on Tuesday nights.
- Intermediate clogging will immediately follow the Beginning clogging.
- Intermediate clogging starts on Tuesday, September 11 and runs through December 4. (No class the week of Thanksgiving.)
- Classes are held at The Front Porch, 221 Water Street SE, Charlottesville, VA
In intermediate clogging, we will learn more challenging clogging steps as well as improve speed and precision. Students will learn 3-4 dances and build their clogging step “vocabulary.” Prerequisite: This class assumes the dancer already knows the fundamentals of clogging. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers also work well.
- Students are not permitted to wear clogging shoes on the floor.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.