The Front Porch: Beginning Clogging starts 9/11 (12 weeks)
- Front Porch beginning clogging classes are held from 7:00 p.m. to 7:55 p.m. on Tuesday nights.
- Beginning clogging starts on Tuesday, September 11 and runs through December 4. (No class the week of Thanksgiving.)
- Classes are held at The Front Porch, 221 Water Street SE, Charlottesville, VA
In Beginner Clogging, we teach the 8 fundamental clogging steps from which all the other steps are formed. By the end of class, students will have learned at least 1-2 routines performed by the club. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers also work well.
- Students do NOT need clogging shoes for Beginner Class.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.