Clogging @ the Front Porch starts January 8, 2019 (12 weeks)
Beginning Clogging (1A) runs from 6:00-6:55 pm. In Beginner Clogging, we teach the 8 fundamental clogging steps from which all the other steps are formed. By the end of class, students will have learned at least 1-2 routines performed by the club. There is no homework, though we encourage you to practice outside of class.
Intermediate Clogging (1B) runs from 7:00-7:55 pm. This class assumes you already know the fundamentals of clogging.
- Front Porch beginning clogging classes are held Tuesdays nights from January 8 and runs through March 26.
- Classes are held at The Front Porch, 221 Water Street SE, Charlottesville, VA
- Register through The Front Porch. You may bring money to class if you pre-register online.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in which you can move easily and bring a water bottle.
- Wear flat-soled, tennis shoes or sneakers. It is very important that the shoe be able to slide. Tennis shoes with a thick tread pattern will make learning more difficult. Zumba shoes, ballroom dance shoes or any shoe with a smooth-sole works well. Dance socks fitted over sneakers also work well.
- Clogging shoes are not allowed on the dance floor.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult taking the class.